27 April 2010

A drama of wickedness and humanity

16th March 1968, My Lai, Vietnam

Thompson: What's going on here, Lieutenant?
 
Calley: This is my business.
 
Thompson: What is this? Who are these people?
 
Calley: Just following orders.
 
Thompson: Orders? Whose orders?
 
Calley: Just following...
 
Thompson: But, these are human beings, unarmed civilians, sir.
 
Calley: Look Thompson, this is my show. I'm in charge here. It ain't your concern.
 
Thompson: Yeah, great job.
 
Calley: You better get back in that chopper and mind your own business.
 
Thompson: You ain't heard the last of this!
 
Hugh C. Thompson, Jr. (April 15, 1943 – January 6, 2006) was a United States Army helicopter pilot during the Vietnam War. He is chiefly known for his role in curtailing the My Lai Massacre, in which several hundred unarmed civilians were killed by soldiers of the U.S. Army.
 
 William Laws Calley (born June 8, 1943) is a convicted American war criminal. He was the U.S. Army officer found guilty of ordering the My Lai Massacre on March 16, 1968, during the Vietnam War.
 
Sources: Wikipedia

No comments: